The procedure that follows provides the steps necessary to install Windows Server 2008. These steps cover a full installation of Windows Server 2008:
- Insert the Windows Server 2008 installation media into the DVD drive.
- Reboot the computer.
- When prompted for an installation language and other regional options, make your selection and click Next.
- Click Install Now to begin the installation process.
- On the Select the Operating System You Want to Install page, select Windows Server 2008 Enterprise (Full Installation) and click Next.
- Read and accept the license terms by selecting the check box; then click Next.
- On the Which Type of Installation Do You Want? page, select Custom (Advanced).
- On the Where Do You Want to Install Windows? click Drive Options, click New, and verify the size of the drive. Then click Apply, and then click Next.
- The installation of Windows Server 2008 begins.
- When the installation process is complete, the server reboots and you are prompted to change the user’s password before logging on for the first time
- Click OK to change the password for the Administrator account.
- Enter a password of Today01! in the New Password field.
- Reenter the password Today01! in the Confirm Password field and click the arrow
- Click OK on the password change confirmation page.
- Windows creates the profile for the Administrator account. After the profile is created, the Initial Configuration Tasks window appears
- On the Initial Configuration Tasks page, check the option Do Not Show This Window at Logon
- On the Server Manager page, select the option Do Not Show Me This Console at Logon
- The installation of Windows Server 2008 is now complete.
For More Information: